by Coach Debbie
Whether you get your apples freshly picked from the orchard with your family OR from the grocery store, you are going to love this EASY breakfast (or snack)!
If your kids are old enough like mine are, set up an assembly line for them to help prepare this DELICIOUS meal! I have one kid peel apples, one kid cut the apples, one kid measure ingredients, and one kid assemble.
To make life even simpler, I suggest tripling this recipe. It’s that good, and you’re likely going to “sample” it once it exits the oven!
Apple Crisp (3-4 servings)
1 cup gluten-free almond flour (I like Bob’s Red Mill)
1/8 cup brown sugar (or Swerve brown sugar alternative)
1/3 cup of ghee/Earth Balance/MELT (butter alternative)
2 Tbsp vanilla Mom Fuel protein powder
2-3 big apples
- Spray 8” casserole dish with cooking spray. Peel your apples, then cut them into bite-size pieces. Layer them in greased casserole dish.
- Sprinkle cinnamon over them.
- Dry Mixture: combine almond flour, brown sugar, Mom Fuel, and “butter” in a bowl. Mix well; there will be little crumbles when you're done. Add more cinnamon if you want.
- Pour dry mixture over the apples.
- Put in the oven at 375 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until nice and golden brown.